Wisconsin’s Homeless Management Information System, Wisconsin ServicePoint, has been in operation since 2001. The HMIS utilizes secured Internet-based technology to assist homeless service organizations to capture information about the clients that they serve.
The HMIS website was developed in collaboration with the Bowman Systems and local homeless providers. The State of Wisconsin’s Department of Administration Division of Housing is the lead agency for HMIS and the central server is administered by the software vendor, Bowman Systems. There is limited access to the database; access is granted only to programs participating in the project.
The benefits of the HMIS are to:
- Inform government and the community about the extent and nature of homelessness in the state and their local communities.
- Assist with numerous planning processes.
- Enable agencies to have accurate information about the clients they serve.
- Provide information on successes and challenges of homeless programs.
- Prepare informational reports for funders.
- Enable the agencies and the community to understand client needs, resources and gaps through the use of aggregated data.
- Help programs identify processes that are problematic, support redesign efforts, and improve the quality of the services provided by the organization.
The Milwaukee CoC HMIS Project lead provides the CoC member agencies assistance with the implementation, quality control, report writing of ServicePoint, the State of Wisconsin’s HMIS data system. In addition, the Project lead assists the CoC and its member agencies use ServicePoint as an effective management tool.
A 2018 HMIS Report Matrix providing thorough information on HMIS reports including due dates can be found by clicking HERE.
For more information about the Milwaukee CoC HMIS Project please contact:
Institute for Community Alliances
Milwaukee CoC HMIS Coordinator
Log in page for service Point:
Institute for Community Alliances Homepage:
Reports Available for Viewing: